CHARMFUL.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

I thought it would be fitting to post something about my weekend since I celebrated my last teen days. It turns out, I don't have as many pictures (of the food set up or with the face props) to post as I'd like, but hopefully I can prep something like this again sometime down the track.

As I geared up to kiss my teens goodbye, I spent a lot of time reflecting on who I’ve become, where I’ve been and who I want to be. While pondering one chilly day a few weeks back, tears began rolling down my cheeks as I realised that I've come along way, even though I know I still have a looong way to go. I wasn’t thinking about the past with regret, the present with resentment or the future without anything but excitement.
Energised by this epiphany, I was inspired to embrace turning nineteen with a real celebration – the first birthday party I’ve had since moving to a different state, actually, ever since my kid years. I invited my closest Sydney friends, just a group of girls, for a rooftop afternoon party that was just as much a thank you to them for caring and loving me whilst settling into this city.

In effort to make the party feel whimsical but relaxed, I set up one small table topped with home-made iced tea, champagne, Moscato, sparkling, mixed and matched coloured bowls and straws, and one tall canapé stacked with raw vegan eats, crackers with toppings and other desserts made by some of the girls.
Ready to host in a backless jumpsuit and a sleeveless fury, the night began. Despite the weather turning on us, it started with a tea and Moscato hour and was followed by snacks made by yours truly. Some of us headed to The Baxter Inn after to meet up with other friends to enjoy a night out. The Baxter Inn, a basement-level hooch is all about wine’n’whisky’n’beer. You'll find yourself staring at a wall cellar featuring a collection of all sorts - it's incredibly appealing, I wish I owned the whole collection.

The night was incredible, one of the most memorable of my life, and the watermelon cake just topped it off (thanks to Jihee and Lucas!) A massive thank you to Aileen and Josh who sent me the most meaningful charms all the way from my home state!!

So, bye bye eighteen and cheers to that!
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground